November 28, 2014

IRATE (NYC), "New York Metal" (2005)

UPDATED LINK: 11/28/2014 

Before the dirty little word "metal core" popped onto the scene there were — quite simply, metallic Hardcore bands. Many of these bands derived from the Hardcore scene and though they may not have had the typical Hardcore sound in their music, they had the values, ethics and mindset that made up the Hardcore scene. Some of these bands included Merauder, All Out War, Dissolve, Starkweather... and from the Bronx, IRATE.

Listen | Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Possibly the heaviest metallic hardcore album ever written, just like 11:34 and Burden.. we're too, Irate updated the first place on every album, love this stuff. I think they put this out by themselves, or at least there's no label mentioned on the cd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do produce their shit independently, the only way you can get a hold of their merch is at a show. I've been to see them 8 times when I lived in Albany, NY and they quickly became my favorite indie metal band since 16 to present. I'm trying to find out what happened to them...They were great performers, all of them and as humble as can be. I have a all the albums, a hoodie, tshirt and posters from their shows. I LOVE IRATE! Always will!

      Delete
  2. One of these dudes works in my building.

    Lexington Ave HardCore represent!

    ReplyDelete